29 July 2008

bitemarks on my tongue.

I still care. But eventually, I won't. Eventually, I'll hear your name and not feel a flutter in the pit of my stomach. Eventually, I'll be able to listen to The Used again. Eventually, I'll order sushi on my own. Eventually, every tall, thin, mop-headed kid won't remind me of you. Eventually, I won't be bothered with the incessant what-ifs and what-might've-beens. Eventually, none of this will matter, and I won't care.

'Til then, I'll fake it, and you'll never know any differently.

xX

3 comments:

Paige Jennifer said...

Amen, sister. Ay-fucking-men.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the link (insert girly giggle here)!

So@24 said...

Only a few sentences but you managed to sum up the entire experience to a TEE.

Miss Mar said...

Wow.. reading this.... I totally saw myself. I have definitely been there.