20 October 2008

Let's pretend this isn't happening.

I hate change.
I hate growing up, and I hate watching others grow up.
I hate knowing that life,
as I know it in this moment,
will never again be the same.

My best friend. I knew she had plans to leave town, just didn't know it would be this soon. (In all honesty, I think I felt like she shouldn't be able to leave until I was able to leave, too. Selfish.) Her modeling is really taking-off, and she's leaving for Dallas. She's moving into her new apartment, nearly four hours away, in less than two weeks. Four hours, I know, doesn't sound so bad, right? Four hours might as well mean two billion miles.

In the last five years, she's the one person I've come to rely on. When my world is crashing down, she listens. The therapeutic late-night drives, with caffeine and cigarettes. ... No. I won't let this bring me down. I refuse to let this destroy me.

The near future... might prove to be a little difficult.

No comments: