22 April 2009

//update.

One moment, all is clear. The next, as frustratingly clouded as ever.

I won't be graduating next month.

My choice.

"I know that starting over is not what life's about ---
but my thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth."
- Modest Mouse

* * *

Nursing, for now, simply isn't my calling. I'm a firm believer, though, that absolutely everything happens for a reason - and through the nursing program, I discovered an area of healthcare in which I excel, one that both challenges and excites me. Phlebotomy. I've looked into the semester-long program offered at a school nearby, and several of my nursing credits will actually transfer. --- I know, for certain, that healthcare is where my heart lies. And hey, maybe I'll one day complete my nursing degree. For the first time in my life, though, I'm disregarding others' opinions and free advice. For the first time in my life, I'm trusting myself. For the first time in my life, I'm living - and I'm living for me. It's kind of nice.

And.

There's this incredible person, Justin. My love. Beautiful, talented, real. Hands-down, I've never felt so sure of anything or anyone, ever. Within the next few weeks, I'll be moving in with him. 'Tis only the beginning of good things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is going well for you. :)