22 February 2009

e-n-g-a-g-e-d.

My best friend called lastnight to tell me that her boyfriend asked her to marry him.

I wasn't surprised. From the time they met, I knew he was The One. It was only a matter of time.

I'm excited for her. Really, I am. Ecstatic.

But I'm a little sad. Nostalgic, I guess.

Times are changing, man. I can hardly keep up anymore.

Two months, and I'll be looking for a job and an apartment - and I've had my heart set on Texas. I figured she'd still be there, in Dallas, and I'd have at least one friend to lean on. Lately, though, she's been spending far more time in Washington/Canada with him than she has her own place, and she's mentioned moving up north with him.

Ahhh. I'm not looking forward to Texas without her.

On the flip-side, I was asked to be her maid-of-honor. Very cool. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww congrats to you (for maid of honour) and your friend!!

life does start to move a long at a rate of knots. i have many friends now married/engaged & babied. it's crazy!

at least it is all positive moving forward :)